Saturday, December 5, 2020

Nikolaus abend (339/365d)

Oh i had such a bad headache........ We did lots of cleaning in the morning... I had the brilliant idea to switching off playing games and reading aloud with cleaning for short stints.

I thought to make a lasagna, as we hadn't had one in about forever. "I hate lasagna" said Felix and Henry... for that they sure ate a lot of it!

I didn't go outside at all, which was possibly a mistake, but I didn't feel like it.

Edward put the St.Nicholas stuff in the bags and hung out upstairs. We watched the Bishop's Wife and then were delighted to open the online advent calendar and find papa's version of Lass Uns Froh und Munter Sein, played on the piano so that we could sing along. We didn't sing it once, we sang it about 5 times in a row. Again! Again! Again!


then came upstairs to find the things..... Look! Nuts and Oranges! I bet Edward put them there. Well....... we didn't say yes, and we didn't say no. I had promised myself I would NOT make up silly things to my kids when they were little, but now I guess I did.

Finished reading Bulgakov's Master&Margarita late at night in the bath

And for the funniest evening entertainment, Theodore did a magic trick but with the worst showmanship ever, so it was actually just hillarious. He did the egg trick (one floats in the salt-water and one sinks in the normal water but you pretend you can talk to the eggs) and kept asking different people for help, like, "does anyone know where we have more salt" and "do these waters look the same?" and he asked Edward to write on the eggs "float" and "sink" but he didn't have enough salt in the water, so they both sank, so he told us all to hold on, he would be back in a few minutes and then it would work. it was so funny!

the final outcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment