Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Lawn-mowing and Date night (109/365a)

The kids were so happy that Granny and Gramp were back, especially because they get to drive the riding lawnmower and the tractor and all kinds of other things that require ear-protection. Felix drove in tight donut circles.

felix making crop circles

henry turning corners

Riding two at once

My careful Theodore mowing in straight lines.

We got to go out on a cute date night tonight! I haven't driven anywhere really at all since I got here (except to take Tara to the lab testing place) Tonight we stopped at a restaurant in Frederick and then a dance in Baltimore (about 2 hours away in total).

our pre-dance selfie - I borrowed the skirt from Tara*
The amount of energy I had made me invincible on the dance floor. Brian got a video of me while I was dancing, but actually, this was the lowest energy dance I danced with the least compatible partner that I had. Still, this is what I miss weekly in Austria. I got blisters on my feet and didn't care at all! I was so happy coming home.

Dinner was supposed to be maitake-based, a mushroom that I need in my life. But they made their one vegetarian option, mushroom risotto, with chicken stock. WHO KNOWS WHY!?? And speaking of America/europe differences... my runner-husband and I almost couldn't finish two green salads and a child's portions of macaroni and cheese. We stopped at the grocery store for fresh snacks, peaches and blueberries, and found Maitake mushrooms in their produce section and bought some so I could fix my craving. It made the car smell like armpits the whole drive there and back.

*The story of the skirt: Once, nearly 10 years ago, Tara and I went to a Halloween contra dance in Concord, MA, a legendary place for contra - dances multiple times a week. We decided to dress as twins. At the costume contest, we paraded around together, twirling each other in perfect form, and ended up winning one of the top prizes. People still ask us separately about our "twin sister" ......
Proof from 2008. 


No comments:

Post a Comment