Monday, January 1, 2018

sylvester (268/365a)

The day before New Year's Day is called "sylvester" which can only lead Mary to think of Sylvester the cat, or me to think of Sylvester and the Magic Pebble.

In the morning I cooked "for later" only to realize at 3pm that I had nothing to eat *now* ... so I cooked frantically because my blood sugar was low, and also because Theodore had to get to the opera for the Eine Nacht in Venedig production. Mary and I were leisurely in getting ready for the Salonorchester concert, which was directly across the street from the opera. We biked there with Henry. When I got there I was immediately pulled aside and put to work, watching the cash box and putting out food and pouring champagne. We stayed until I got the message that Theodore was done. 

We did one more toast to 2018 on our way home at Michi's (we left Theodore and Henry at our front door) and then we did fun sparklers and lit our advent wreath on fire, singing Auld Lang Syne. The littlest kids were already asleep. We talked about resolutions and what they meant. I did my yoga. I was too exhausted to edit 2017 pictures, like I had planned.

Fireworks went off everywhere like crazy. The city has a ban in place, there were no public fireworks this year. I think that made everyone go get their own ... There are always illegal personal fireworks, but this year extra many because there would be no others. Many were shot off right from the construction site across our street, so we had literally the best view I've ever had of fireworks. :) :) 

should auld acquaintance be forgot

our New Year's Resolutions for 2018
Didipatz: Drink nothing but water
Brian: Cultivate good habits
Irma: No more yelling
Theodore: To practice a little bit more.
Henry: No fighting. To have patience. To listen.
Felix: Clean up the stairs.


No comments:

Post a Comment