Thursday, January 4, 2018

celebration with meditation or meditation with celebration? (272/365a)

Nearly done with our yoga course, day 27 out of 28. it was a calm day of relaxing and breathing and meditating and staring into a candle, which broke serendipitously into spontaneous over-celebrating. let's just say the chips were gone before brian even came upstairs from work and there were two empty bottles of wine (don't worry! they didn't start out full!) on the table. ;)

we missed henry all day, of course. tomorrow we will go get him from koper.

theodore practicing to try to beat didipatz

before the party starts

party goings on (thanks for the photo, nina!)

[the old joke is:
A young priest asked his bishop, “May I smoke while praying?”
The answer was an emphatic “No!”

Later, when he sees an older priest puffing on a cigarette while praying, the younger priest scolded him, “You shouldn’t be smoking while praying! I asked the bishop, and he said I couldn’t do it!”

“That’s odd,” the old priest replied. “I asked the bishop if I could pray while I’m smoking, and he told me that it was okay to pray at any time!”]

No comments:

Post a Comment