Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Pouring rain, morning, noon and night (136/365a)

We slept outside so we woke up in the rain. It was so nice to have the dawn and the raindrops and feel like we're part of it.

After a morning breakfast/coffee fire we hiked down to the brook, and Drew and I took a long walk to the bridge and back. Drew got stung by a wasp. We found some chanterelles, and some cool berries. We got back ready to make pancakes. Created a beautiful fire of driftwood on the edge of the brook, and found we had forgotten a bowl to mix batter, but no matter. ;) --- We made a bowl out of a watermelon shell. The first panful was burned a little, but everyone was so hungry it didn't make any difference. The rest of them were actually perfect.
awww...

hot!
We heard thunder, and the kids ran away. Drew and I cleaned our stuff up and got completely soaked. Ran up the hill and everyone threw all their clothes out the door and we hid from the rain for a bit. I thought I might need to cook again, so I built a roaring fire in the rain, under a wet cardboard cover. By rain I mean really pouring pouring rain. But everyone was still full from pancakes, so we ended up just cuddling when the rain died down and the kids fell asleep on me. We big people had some snacks that Drew had brought. I love snacks. :)
more aww....

No comments:

Post a Comment