Thursday, August 3, 2017

21st century American Gothic UPDATED (117/365a)


Henry awakes us by falling down the stairs, breaking the wall with his head and crashing an oil lantern made of glass to the floor. While sweeping up the pieces, Irma writes a fiddle song called "Broken Glass: Scherben bringen Glueck".

Do you know American Gothic?

When we found this natural pitchfork-shaped stick in the woods we knew we had to do our own version of it.
American Gothic 2017

proud finders

Amanda was ready to go, so we took a goodbye selfie:
fun times!
I accompanied Amanda to a dunkin donuts so we could have one more coffee together, and I could furiously update my blog. (you're welcome!) We arrived to find th place full of business. Long lines. A cold latte without steamed milk. And... and outlet.... on the ceiling!) One of the tall guys behind the counter jumped up on the window to plug my laptop in for me. I wonder how I will get the plug out again.
Amanda taking the "5-elements" quiz.
Now I'm heading back to the wilderness and will update this daily, but posting will be catch is as catch can. 

Waiting for dinner, Brian tries to fiddle on the violin. – it’s so cute!

so cute!

We make a cute little August calendar with scrap-paper and twine and hang it outside
fun

Amanda had told us it may rain today – she’s almost right…instead it thunders several times and large black storm clouds fly past us, dripping a single drop or two. No rain. The garden is suffering.

2 comments:

  1. I love your version of American Gothic! The selfie photo is also interesting, who took the photo? the camera itself? I miss you all so much, looking forward for September to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys rock the American Gothic. Our traditional-obligatory-selfie-with-a-new-spin-on-it is so good! Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete