Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Library for Irma (143/365a)

I've been *waiting* to get a chance to update my blog, and the library is finally open again.

Woke up really very late - after 9am! I did the laundry, and boiled potatoes, and hoed and weeded and watered.

We made an unbelievable styrian potato salad that was instantly gone. All stuff out of our garden. We started discussing plans for the future. Brian and I have been thinking of ways to get "ALL" the things in life all at once. nature. culture. friends. family. music. space. dancing. solitude. fiesta. languages. books. minimalism. exercise. etc.

Maybe we can recreate the life of the ox cart man but in a city somewhere. I don't know HOW! All I know is that my kids are wildly more inventive and less fight-y now than any other place/time.

Example. I cut the legs off my pants. In a normal situation those pants would have been already in the trash, but now they are shorts. But if I *had* made shorts, those pieces would have been trash. If timing was just right they might have become patches for somebody's favorite play-clothes. Here, however, only one of them has become:
*rope
*a kite tail
*a jacket for a stuffed animal
*a dress / flying suit for heart-bear
*a cover for a jar

all without prompting, and with none-to-minimal help. There's another one still left to make more things out of! It's enough to make me want to hermit myself forever. But then when would I get to play music?

Meanwhile we got to reenact a different story, caps for sale

you monkeys you, you better give me back my caps!
and i got to go to the library, pick up books, and blog.
something for everyone

theodore started devouring instantly

while i was gone, more projects happened (a lot more than these two little steamboats)

No comments:

Post a Comment