Tuesday, September 29, 2020

french evening (272/365d)

 Another non-sick day for the kids, where they were corona-obliged to stay home. I had things to do though. I went to various libraries and picked up Felix from school while Theodore and Henry made spaghetti for dinner. I like having them cook food for us. It's fun.

Pauli came over for a cup of tea, and took me to the spar to buy ingredients for creme-brulee, which we need for our French evening tonight.

Felix had his first madame-butterfly rehearsal. He was very excited and a tiny bit nervous. Brian had choir rehearsal and I left to pick him up shortly after 8, we got home before 9 and he went right to sleep. Everyone else had already gotten ready for bed and I left Edward in charge of lights out but Theodore and Henry somehow got him to stay up till I got home with Felix, reading and playing chess. I got pretty mad, but it's hard to be mad at kids who stall brushing their teeth by playing Bach preludes and stall going to bed by playing chess with their uncle.  

I got home in time for Amelie and French wine (that Manuela had brought for me once). Barbara and Centa and Edward watched with me, although Edward was up and down the whole movie, running back to check on his computer because he was trying to do a project that somehow didn't work out in the end, which was making him a bit sad. We asked Bruno to translate the text on the wine-bottle from French but he couldn't because the French was too wine-technical. The movie unfortunately *only* had German subtitles, so even I had to concentrate a lot. Our French evening was a little bit in honor of the corona-fact that right now quintet should be playing concerts in Paris, which was what we had been planning in March when the lockdown started.

about to crack!

No comments:

Post a Comment