Monday, September 14, 2020

first day of school (257/365d)

we went back to school today. everyone got ready right away and easily even though the lack of sleep was very noticable. as soon as we had quiet alone time, Brian and I went into kitchen cleaning mode.

I took Theodore with me when I dropped off Henry and Felix at chorus (they are now together) and then he and I went shopping for Theodore's new school - with a long list of things, one list from each teacher. All the teachers are referred to only by initials, and he hasn't even met them all yet, so we weren't even sure which things we needed. We randomly ran into the nerf-gun friends from yesterday. Each kid had a donut in their hand, and a brand new nerf-gun (because 4 for 2 kids isn't enough) because... that's what you get for the first day of school. #nojudgement

hiawatha reading with centa
followed by cake

i went straight to my buffaloes rehearsal, and then straight home again, since our equipment had gotten water damage and didn't work, so we couldn't really practice. my instrument and the drums are the only things that work without electricity. i arrived home to find centa reading hiawatha with the kids before bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment