Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Siegl Day (221/365a)

As Gramp says: You don't have to brush all your teeth. Only the ones you want to keep.

Good thing my kids get up in the morning and help themselves. I certainly am not much more use in the morning than a mossy log.

I only sometimes have to go in there and ask "what are you doing?" and "are you ready yet?" I heard them spend about 15 minutes goofing around not brushing their teeth, and when i went in to find out what was taking them so long, i found them suddenly being very vigorous with their teeth brushing. haha

Spent most of my day researching (to some extent, successfully) using magical online tools. I even got a librarian in Vienna to scan in a few pages and send them to me, saying we could "ausnahmsweise auf eine Gebühr verzichten." ..... I wrote back thank you very much, and would have sent a giant kiss if that had been appropriate.

I edited the german wikipedia page with the world's worst german, but at least there's information there. and I started ocr-ing the several pages of "werksverzeichnis" so that i can put that online and searchable. 

I'm excited to finally make this teeeeny tiny project a reality for myself. It's a little start, but it's so fun!

I drew pictures/words for Felix on the bus today, he's starting to read a little. Henry is too, he's just taking his time on letting anyone know about it. ;)

Theodore is part of a much bigger project - the production of Eine Nacht in Venedig is taking up tons of time - he rehearsed till 9pm today, i walked to pick him up and he almost fell asleep on the streetcar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment