Thursday, November 2, 2017

Eva! (209/365a)

bedtime reading by the lamp box I made with Rainer's help
Everyone was in a *much* better mood today, for which I was extremely grateful!

I finally gave Iva back her bow, which I had in my case for our Algeria trip (since she didn't travel there with her cello). She lives in a lovely place right in downtown, and we had coffee and pumpkin pie. She had received it as a gift from a neighbor who is from New York. She thinks it is not a very good dessert. I must say, if Americans want to introduce Europeans (the dessert experts) to pumpkin pie, you have to make a really really really perfect one, not just a decent one. This one was ok, but I already like pumpkin pie, you don't have to impress me!

Theodore and I walked to and from singschule together, which was very nice together time, although not at all necessary since he is completely capable of  getting himself there and back.

And at the abenteuerspielplatz, we met Eva again, the kindergarten teacher who Felix has repeatedly called "his favorite adult ever" and we chatted about her continuing her studies and not being at our kindergarten anymore. She let him ride home on her bike, and he was thrilled.

 Brian went to a scala meetup where the presenter canceled an hour before, but I think he still enjoyed it. 

3 comments: