Sunday, March 11, 2018

spring forward, fall right back again, oops (338/365a)

after the late night (almost 2am!) my alarm clock rang out earlier than i really wanted... exactly an hour earlier. i groggily remembered that i had somewhere seen something about daylight savings time, and resignedly set my clock an hour ahead. i had slept downstairs alone because henry had been taking up more than half our bed when i got home. i told brian i was going to head out for my 9am rehearsal, and he told me, it was only 7. oh no! my computer had set itself by american daylight saving time, i had lost an hour of sleep, only to find i had gained back 2 groggy hours. a bad trade!

quartet rehearsal went fine enough, although i gave several good suggestions with good reasoning and did not feel listened to. they aren't all meant to last forever, i guess.

i did get really excited to find we still had 2 or 3 more kumquats that i could use to make pretty candies. unfortunately, not everything always works out the way we want to, i guess.

me: is something burning downstairs?
brian: yes, your thing in the oven
me: what? i thought i asked you to take it out
brian: i thought you said it was fine

No comments:

Post a Comment