Saturday, March 3, 2018

my first model airplane! (330/365a)

Working against family traits - staying organized and reading directions

and staying patient

Manuela gave Theodore a model airplane kit last week. Every day he wanted to make it, but I told him (reasonably, I think) that we had to have enough time together to start and finish it - leaving it half finished would be a bad idea. So he waited and waited, until today. he practically rolled me out of bed and told me he had cleared off a table in the living room (still covered with confetti from the party ....) and saying "now we have time"... So we made the airplane together. In between times, the other guys were at the farmer's market, and Nina came to visit. Theodore painted the whole thing (with the "correct colors") and at the end expressed pride - a rarely expressed feeling from him.

and me? I'm very proud of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment