Saturday, January 2, 2021

a photo review of last year (2/365e)

When I got up, I decided to go for a walk with Maria, and as I was getting ready to go, Edward was getting ready to leave as well, and told me he was meeting up with our cousin Jörg and his girlfriend Michelle, so I quickly changed my mind and went off with them. We went all over the city, we spent about 3 hours walking up and down the schlossberg, north and south along the Mur, just talking, talking. They go back to Switzerland tomorrow, so it was nice to get to see them during their brief stay. 

I had to essentially push all the children out of the house, because they needed some movement. I took them down the street with Maria's son Gabriel and we played a game with chalk which involved first drawing a 10x10 square of squares, and x-ing out your own square until someone has no more moves. boring at first and then more and more fun to watch the 4 boys trying to figure out how to strategize. We left in time to get home for 4. the best time for the trans-continental year-in-review that papa had organizeed.

Even Aunt mary Agnes was there! Papa had created a terrific slide-show of hundreds of photos, and after he had gone through all of them, we tried for a bit to chat with everyone.

10am to 10pm at the same time

Brian and I baked another quiche late at night for tomorrow, because I have to be gone in the morning. And I practiced like a crazy lady, so much, trying to memorize 2 movements of Bach - a task that would have taken me 2 evenings 10 years ago, and now it will take at least 2 weeks - if i'm lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment