Tuesday, October 6, 2020

everyone needs time, patience and love (279/365d)

Theodore explained this morning that he couldn't get a new locker key because he would have to pay 17euros. I could have sent him with the money but that seemed so unfair (and clear that the key was defective) that I called the school, who told me that the parent-union was in charge of lockers. So I emailed them. Surprisingly, they worked it out quickly for me in our favor. We did lots more random little bureaucratic garbage... and then Brian renewed his visa, while michi and i had a coffee morning... time past so quickly that the kids were home right away. quickly made pumpkin soup.

theodore had a pre-chorus tantrum (couldn't find his helmet! did he look for it? no he already looked for it! turns out it was on his bike which he had forgotten to ride back from school) and couldn't find his books and didn't finish his homework. Frustrating. I think he is not quite all the way adjusted to the new school. We need to practice patience and give him time!

Henry read harry potter (finally the last book!) pretty much the entire day while felix ran himself to the asp and came back at closing.

I had no energy for anything, and Brian was at choir. I made pancake batter for Edward and Centa's dinner, Centa fried them, and Edward held the phone. A lovely kitchen party upstairs and a skype call with papa.

screenshot with papa, edward and irma

No comments:

Post a Comment