Monday, August 10, 2020

my love is a weeping willow (222/365d)

couldn't sleep past 6:30, so i watched an old movie... actually 2 old movies before breakfast!
Millie (1931) and Too Many Husbands (1940)

i played my clarke sonata today in the morning, feeling uncharacteristically nervous and shaky. mr. glassl made lots of helpful comments and was generally encouraging, although he did say that i was playing like a trauerweide (a weeping willow) ... he took me back to basics and we really didn't work on the musical side of things, so i will play the same thing again tomorrow.

i took his ideas to heart and went back to my hotel room to practice very basic things. i bought some jars of olives and feta and such things and made myself a bit of a sad dinner in my hotel room interspersed with viola practicing
"the usual magnum, for one." (from the divorce of lady X)

No comments:

Post a Comment