Sunday, April 14, 2019

palm sunday and the eddie izzard show gone right (2/365c)

Palm Sunday was just a delightful morning, I wore my dirndl (from Nina's grandmother) for the first time, although it was rainy and cold. I will wear it again next week. We went into town early in the morning to watch Brian sing in the cold.
Watching
It was very nice, though we almost came late, because sometimes getting people out the door early on Sunday is not so easy.
Brian and Michi singing
On the way home, we saw these people walking together. I thought it looked funny. I don't know if they were together.
serendipity?
Unfortunately all serendipity ended there. Michi hung out with us for a few minutes and one quick cup of coffee and then I briefly contemplated seeing Eddie Izzard in a dirndl, but decided it was too cold. I left for the train at the very last minute because Felix was throwing a tantrum and needed cuddles. When I got there, I found I had no wallet. Brian rushed to get me some money so I could buy myself a ticket anyways, but he was 2 minutes too late, so I waiting 10 minutes for the next bus to take me home. 

At least I could have dinner with my family. That was nice. I called Maria and asked to use her car to drive to Ljubljana, and she agreed. I ended up driving back home to get my phone charger and I was so glad I did, because I really needed it. I was totally and completely zen while I was stuck in traffic for a LONG time. An hour before the show I got to Ljubljana, and thought I would have no problem getting to the center in an hour. My phone decided I didn't need data in Slovenia, and I got more and more lost in Lubljana, and I could only look at a map if I was stopped at a gas station. Finally I called Brian in tears, and he played GPS, and I walked into the doors of the cultural center at 19:58, only to find I had dropped my ticket on the way from the car. Thank goodness for Slovenia, they let me in when they saw that there was exactly one seat left, and that Brian had texted me exactly that seat number. I walked into the hall the exact same time as Eddie Izzard. Man was that crowd happy to see me :)
Barbara has those shoes!
The show was....... wunderbar! I was totally relaxed once I settled into my seat, and I got to say hi to Barbara and Jure afterwards. We went and got a burger. I ordered a "veggie burger" which (who knew) was just a gigantic bun with mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato. Still fine though. Drove home to get back at about 2am. more than 12 hours spent on the show, but still worth it i think.

No comments:

Post a Comment