Monday, February 26, 2018

Meh-nday (325/365a)

Mondays are so full right now. We seem to really pack things in. I feel the worst for Theodore who has to somehow fit normal things like homework and eating into the day where he has school, a lesson and chorus. His lesson was extra long, which meant we had nearly no time to get home and eat. And today it was even his birthday! Today I opted to go absolutely everywhere with him. His wallet with his busticket is still in Fritz's backpack from when they went up the Schoeckl. Better there than lost in the snow!

It was snowing so so so beautifully all day. I wished I had my camera with me. When can I find the right balance between all the times I have my camera with me and take no pictures and all the times I have no camera with me and something beautiful presents itself. Memory is the only way sometimes!

Andi couldn't watch our kids tonight, so I asked Manuela at the last minute and she saved the day... well, the evening! She brought presents for the kids, and stayed with them while they went unwillingly to sleep and we went out to a rather wonderful swing lesson. She took care of the bread and soup too, and didn't let it burn. We left earlier than we ever leave, and got there a few minutes late anyways because the buses were not at all running ontime. Our bus even spun its wheels a little getting out of a few of the bus stops. It's cold enough that the snow isn't melting even with salt.

When we got home the bread was all hot and fresh, the soup was still warmish. Brian said he wasn't hungry......

I'm not very hungry (the missing part of the half loaf has gone somewhere... who cut it off and ate it slice for slice?)

No comments:

Post a Comment