Saturday, February 10, 2018

it *was* a free day (309/365a)


It should have been a completely free Saturday for all five of us. Who went and messed it up? I did... ... I accepted a gig *yesterday* for today and tomorrow, and right in the middle of the afternoon too. No calm at home day today... although Brian and I got to sleep in a little while the kids took care of breakfast and morning things on their own. Good thing too. I think Brian might be coming down with a cold or something.

The gig was in the Dom, the big church in the heart of Graz, and I got to sight-read the Puccini mass in front of a lot of opera people. in the middle of a phrase, the conductor stopped, and said "And I would like to take this opportunity to introduce a new player... " then he struggles for my name "maa.. merr.. mara..." "Irma" ... "ah yes! Irma! Welcome"

On the way home, I tried to get Nina to brave the damp drizzly cold outside and come visit, but she convinced me her house was warmer... ;) Eventually I called Brian to ask if he reaaally needed me to come home right away or if I could maaybe have some champagne here. He said to go for it. Of course I can't drink without food, so dinner!

Kris still had some cool cheese to share.
Also, this presentation was apparently the best we could do, much to Nina's chagrin. :-/

Kris had downloaded Pretty in Pink for us ages ago, so we decided to finally see that.... with pink wine. and not-pink popcorn.
Pretty in Pink

No comments:

Post a Comment