Wednesday, April 28, 2021

paying the stupid-tax. figuratively and literally (117/365e)

Brian and I had doctor's apt for our yearly checkup (that we haven't had in 5 years) in the the morning while Felix had online school for a few hours. Poor kid.

Corona test for Felix and then I went shopping at libro for more video prop stuff. Like tape. I finished making kind of a good-ish prop mirror. 

Then aunt Frieda's stuff arrived. We had to pay 400 euros!

Barbara dropped me and my gigantic cardboard aluminum foil mirrors off with Klaus at the domino and we tried to set everything up for this weekend. One set of lights broke and I took apart the thing and drove to griesplatz and bought a fuse and came back and installed it and it worked for another couple minutes. Then it stopped working again. After a few dis-assemblies and re-assemblies I got a bit sloppy and gave myself a powerful electric shock with 220v ac. It hurt. I felt bad. I kept feeling worse. The lights still didn't work, and I felt nauseous and anxious. On the way home I called a hotline and they told me to get myself an ekg to be sure. I got picked up and driven to the hospital where I felt guilty waiting with people who seemed to have actually serious problems. They told me everything would be fine, the ekg was normal, but they would keep me all night to double check. I was sure glad to have a book to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment