Friday, March 19, 2021

its NOT saturday (78/365e)

All day I kept thinking it was Saturday. I took no photos. Austrian holidays are weird. The kids have the day off but nobody else does. Nina came over even though she didn't have the day off... Just for a quick coffee and a chat. Everyone was in a pretty decent mood today, and I had some time to myself even.

I dared to use the pressure cooker (they are scary) to cook some kidney beans which have been around for too long here. Last time I made them I boiled and boiled and they never got soft. Internet answer? Our water is too hard, and we should either use distilled water (haha) or baking soda (ugg! - one time i tried that in wilmington and had to throw everything away because they were inedible) or a pressure cooker. That did the trick, but it was still scary. I then made a huge pot of chili and it was a huge hit with everyone. I thought after all the work I did I would have dinner for 2 days, but it was completely gone. Surprised but not complaining!

I went shopping alone while the kids were abenteurspielplazing again and bought grapefruit for felix so he can finally try one (again) and searched for a while to find useful things to buy with some 25% off stickers I had. I haven't been shopping in so long I think I'm completely out of practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment