Friday, February 12, 2021

where have all the hours gone? (43/365e)

Where the hell does the time go!? The doorbell rang early and I had to sign for a parcel that turned out to be Edward’s passport, already perfect. He hadn’t even asked for it to be expedited. That’s really fast!

I started a google doc template for what we want to be a little Pickwick style project, a kind of family broadside that is intended to serve as a creative outlet for little writings. Felix was very sad to notice his Venus fly trap had been neglected long enough to die, and we immediately composed an obituary for the new paper, which I promised we didn't have to publish if we saved the plant this week, which I think is unlikely.

Also made a lasagna that was apparently a total hit that was eaten while I was at Renate s. Brian worked and Henry had his friend niklas over. I guess they played together nicely enough that it didn't bother Brian.

Edward came and saved us girls who were trying to do the heavy lifting at Renate s house. She is getting everything out of her late mother's apartment and the furniture and accoutrements are all very eccentric. We'd had gotten an enormous solid oak table stuck in the doorway. Too heavy for us to tip to one side safely. I took some cds home with me.

Ingrid cz came over spontaneously and we had a little game evening with way too many snacks. We all had fun playing and chatting and this time I didn't take the corona discussion bait so the conversation didn't devolve like last time. She did show us her ffp2 mask that she had modified to reduce the number of layers. We stayed up way too late -past 10pm, even the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment