Monday, February 15, 2021

Goodbye Edward, Hello School (46/365e)

Edward was off early this morning, Brian took him an a few huge empty suitcases to the hauptbahnhof at 6am, and he spent the next 13 hours traveling to Manchester.

Good that we got up so early, because I baked up some bread for the school lunch boxes and sent Henry and Felix very happily off on their very chilly way to school. 

homework afterschool

theodore in online school

Theodore and Brian and I had a grand old time, going shopping together, and reading together between online meetings  (he only has "live" school twice a week now). I had a lesson with Elke, where I played my memorized Bach and Reger twice through - which is kind of a work out! - and came home starving. Theodore had his lesson in the evening and Felix and Henry went to their singing lesson. 

The bread was so good that that is all I wanted all day, and that is ok, I think. We logged on to see if Grandpapa was around for swiss family robinson, but he was helping Edward acclimate himself in Manchester, and we missed him. Plus we were all completely beat from the day. 

Right as we were going to sleep, Henry suddenly decided he wanted to plan a costume for tomorrow. I was unhappy with the turn of events. The rules from school were no facepaint (because of masks) and no nice clothes (because they were doing experiments with paint) and no swords. He wanted a painted on mustache, refuzed the paper one I made him. Didn't like alternative suggestions. Cried when we suggested Robin Hood because he didn't want to wear that green shirt. "Not like that." But then I suggested Zorro, and showed him a picture, and he lit up. He could just wear his eveyday clothes (he's been mostly wearing all black) and a mask and a hat. easy peasy. He went to sleep very happy. Centa and I talked a bit while Brian finished up his last work meeting, but we didn't stay up late because I was really really completely beat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment