Sunday, February 14, 2021

valentine's day (45/365e)

Slept very badly again, but woke up earlier than yesterday. Right away, first things first, we all helped make a valentines day cake. – Heartshaped marble cake. 

It reminded me of the time I had my 9th birthday in Ithaca and grandpa made me TWO cakes - a chocolate AND a vanilla cake, because when he asked what I wanted I had said … both. That birthday mama and papa were at a conference, and mama also baked me a cake. Pretty memorable birthday for me. 

We went out for a nice walk in Kalkleiten, borrowing the forester car, and we tried our best to make Edward’s last day in graz before heading to England to settle The Estate and get all The Affairs in order. 

brian managed to start a fire 
despite the incredible winds
it only takes patience
and there's only one person who has that much patience

possibly theodore's last ride on someone's shoulders
unless he joins a circus
he's getting quite big

edward's group photo
bumps on a log

We played some board games after dinner, and required early bedtime for everyone, since Edward is leaving the house tomorrow at 6 and the kids have their first day of school in months, and we are not used to waking up early anymore, nor are we used to our morning routine anymore. Sadly we didn’t do Swiss Family Robinson for the third day in a row, because there just too much excitement going on in the house with Edward getting ready to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment