Saturday, October 13, 2018

fiiigs! (185/365b)

Mary, Martin and Agnes left early this morning... headed towards Berlin. First we couldn't find Agnes' cedavita book. Then we found it... she had packed it in the suitcase the day before, when I had suggested she pack it in the suitcase so she didn't forget it or lose it. Then she forgot that, and told us she couldn't find it and we all spent some time looking for it. cute. then we couldn't find her shoes. we found them on the staircase under some things after they left. I remember sometimes when I didn't want to leave somewhere when I was a kid that I would sometimes hide my stuff so I "couldn't" go and I remember hiding other peoples' stuff if I didn't want them to go... Who can say what was at play here?

We all headed out to take them to the airport, but I felt the urge to be blissfully alone for an hour or two so I ran away and left them at the train station.

When everyone returned, it was such a gorgeous day that we just simply had to go out. And what better place to go early october than the Schlossberg to hunt for figs? That's what we did, and we tried to get back on time to pick up Theodore. unfortunately one of the people driving had her car break down on the mountain so he was going to come back with another group on a bus so it would be a while still.
we brought books for us to read to the kidsand for the kids to read to us
felix couldn't find his book.
he described it like this:
"the book i can read by myself:  1 one bear, 2 two clowns, 3 three trains, 4 four stars, 5 five clocks,
6 six ducks, 7 seven ice cream cones, 8 eight apples, 9 nine cars, 10 ten stars. where is it? i want to read it to you."

We were nearly back home when we saw a youngish guy (probably on some kind of drugs) collapse in the street in front of the fire department. Another guy tried to help him up but the collapsed man just said he didn't need help or a doctor or an ambulance. We asked the guy at the fire-department for a medic or for him to call someone. 10 minutes later the ambulance came, and another minute after that the police came, blue lights blaring. The police station is across the street. They could have crawled there faster.

All very happy to see Theodore again, and of course he was very tired from his trip and had so much to tell. After bedtime, Nina and Kris came over and Centa and Brian and I all first chatted and then I had the idea to watch the Crimson Pirate, because it was just so relevant to all our conversation that evening, and I really thought it would be fun, but it turned out to be kind of a bum choice. I'll have to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment