Friday, August 30, 2019

recording for michael (140/365c)

First thing was most important: getting Felix's new house key that we had had replaced. The keys here are so expensive. 50 euros for 2 keys. On the way home Henry asked if he could stop by a friend and ask if the friend could come over, so Felix and I waited, and Henry ran in. ... and didn't come out, and didn't come back... and after several minutes, the mom called down and told me Henry was inside playing and hadn't told them that we were outside. Haha, oops. Well me arranged to meet later. We told theodore to quick lock the door so that Felix could unlock the door.
he got a bit frustrated because it was trickier than he thought
but then he stood on a chair and practiced many times
the keys here turn twice around not once around
i don't know why
and they get stuck easily
Henry had his Nadja lesson and I wrote emails and other things. Theodore practiced while he boiled pasta for dinner, trying the Hans Neuner piece, Barcarole, for the first time. Then we played chess and card etc. for a while until the friend came back and we left for the playground. With the kids away I showed and left for my first recording session with Pauli's friend Michi. His songs have poetic texts, with double meanings, and are minimalistic in terms of  underlying harmonies. I didn't know how hard it was going to be to record with everyone watching me, layering my track over what is already there, which would be easy if I knew what I was playing, but Michi had something in his head he wanted to hear, but didn't know always how to tell me what he wanted. turns out the recording session was awesome and exhilarating, although it took several hours more than i had expected.

i found centa at home putting the kids to bed with nina visiting. we stayed up till all hours, and nina even played her first game of pitch with us, which she won by a large margin. leaving, she reminded me that there's still yoga on our list. oh yeah. quick adriene video before sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment