I had big plans to go for an early morning walk on the beech, but I slept late and woke to the smell of french toast and fresh maple syrup. After breakfast, I read my book and kept falling asleep.
We had a photoshoot in the afternoon for family pictures, where the photographer was incredibly fast efficient.
Matt C. and Nina and James visited me from their vacation in Maine. I just had a feeling they were here, and my brother Ed was the go-between so that we could talk to each other. the final plan was a picnic on the beach. this gigantic house has something like 20 beach chairs, so we lugged them an an enormous wagon full of food the 30 yards to the sand, where the kids built a table out of rocks and we drank "alcohol-free" wine. At some point it got toooooo cold, so we came back inside, where our kids showed off various talents. James showed us some iron-work he had done, felix wrote poetry, theodore played the piano, and henry tried his best to get matt to read aloud from a raunchy women's romance he had found in the house somewhere.
throughout the day we had tried the concept of "found poetry" on various people, giving them books and opening them at random, and creating from what was found on the page. here is a collection of the results:
three from irma:
a little squeeze of gratitude
back my hand
jumpy; agitated
timorous; troubled
the tiniest step back
I was no threat.
reach out for a handshake
trembling fingers
Please don't walk away
would I walk away?
what did I feel?
start with a loving
start with the wealth
a wealthy old man
was more in love
over the years
magnified, i dreamed
build our legacy
our foundation
we'd be so much closer
locked behind with me
sweet mercy
as much pleasure
after a long time
under the light
stepped
covering
throwing
laughing
catapulted
waiting for this moment:
don't rush.
bar the door
one from tara:
First song all clapping
do whatever
win Oscars
head back
laughing, clapping
I don't know
so much chaos
a fleeting moment
I forgot who I was
I forgot who I'm with
I forgot myself
A fleeting moment gone.
one from nina:
the human mind
wonderful abundance
as it wills
will return what's planted
futile, mysterious land
worthwhile goal or confusion
and two independent poems by felix:
a picnic on the beach
they all laughed and ate a peach
swam around in the sea
spread the honey of a bee
onto a piece of bread
which they threw at each others' head
it bounced onto the king's head
and do you know what he said?
"Do not come back to my beach.
and do not eat another peach"
orange blossom on a tree
getting watered by the sea
i have really no idea
why in sea there is no "c"
over here i can see
the orange tree being pollinated by a bee
now the oranges will grow
but they will grow so very slow
i'll pick my orange by the sea
next year i'll plant a lemon tree.
No comments:
Post a Comment